Our Peoria Chiropractor Clinic knows that nutrition is fundamental to health and well-being and fresh produce is an important part of a healthy diet. The fall harvest provides us with healthy and abundant amounts of fruits and vegetables.
Chiropractor Recommended fall all-natural foods:
- An apple a day is the cliché we have heard all our lives. Firm and packed with fiber (5 grams, or 20 percent of your daily value) and antioxidants, apples are a great snack that are juicy and delicious and only contain approximately 80 calories. Make sure to eat the skin for the full nutritional benefit.
- Pumpkin is incredibly rich in vital antioxidants vitamins such as vitamin-A, vitamin-C and vitamin-E.A 100 g fruit provides just 26 calories and contains no saturated fats or cholesterol. Half a cup of pumpkin has about a full serving of Vitamin A in the form of beta carotene, plus a healthy dose of potassium, more than 10% of the recommended daily amount.
- Brussel Sprouts may have a bad rap but this crunchy vegetable is incredibly good for you, with more Vitamin C than in an orange, plus Vitamin K, calcium and folate. It is also a good choice for an alkaline diet, foods that decrease the amount of acid in the body.
- Kale is lesser known that its cousin broccoli, however, this vegetable is recognized for its exceptional nutritional potency, health benefits, and delicious flavor. Kale is also high in beta-carotene, an anti-oxidant which is believed to boost the immune system and even help ward off certain types of cancers.
- You’ll want to include turnip greens as one of the cruciferous vegetables you eat on a regular basis if you want to receive the fantastic health benefits provided by the cruciferous vegetable family. One cup of turnip greens provides 441 mg or about a half of the daily recommended amount of vitamin A (in the form of beta carotene, which helps promote good vision, as well as fight illness and build strong bones. Turnip greens also pack Vitamin C, folate, Vitamin K and calcium. Try these natural multivitamins in a salad or steamed.
There you have it our Peoria Chiropractor Clinic short list of exceptionally healthy fall fruits and vegetables. Add some to your life and enjoy the health benefits.